Home       About Me       Review Index

Saturday, September 28, 2013

These are a Few of my Favourite Things- Intro


In recent months I have really wanted to start a monthly feature where I share some of the non-bookish things that I have been loving. I was sort of inspired by the beauty gurus of YouTube who have done their monthly beauty favourites, and than began to share their lifestyle favourites. These are sometimes some of my favourite videos to watch. Especially when the start sharing about their favourite books of the month. I was kind of thrilled when bloggers everywhere started sharing some of their non bookish favourites. I was like I am going to do that.

So, this initial post is to kind of introduce you to some of my favourite things outside of books. I have movies, TV shows, music, beauty products, food, a real hodge podge of things. And in the coming months I'll share some of the things that I have been loving for the month.

Movies:

Interview With the Vampire

I was ten when I first saw this movie and have loved it ever since. I don't know what makes me love it so much. But I do. I could watch this movie over and over again.


Dracula

This is kind of funny, both of my favourite movies being vampire films. I guess the nineties just knew how to do vampires. Dracula is brought to live by Gary Oldman. And he was brilliant.







TV Shows:

Gilmore Girls

I own this whole series on DVD. Which is kind of insane. But I love this show. It was witty and clever and I loved the relationship between Rory and Lorelai. Team Jess all the way!



Supernatural

This is a show my BFF and I started watching together and still eight years later, we're still both pretty faithful. But look at that man candy. There have been some season that have been wonderful and others that have been not that great (season six, and especially seven).





Doctor Who

I started watching this show in March of this year. I devoured all six and a half season in maybe three weeks. I started with season one, watched a couple episodes, jumped to season five, got through those, went back to watch season two-four, and than back to one. I love this show and I am devastated that Matt Smith is leaving.


Music:

The Backstreet Boys

I have seen these boys in concert four maybe five times. I love(d) them. And I have no shame in admitting that. N'SYNC had nothing on BSB. I giggle thinking about this now. But I was a pretty loyal fan.







City and Colour

Dallas Green once a member of Alexisonfire began a solo career a number of years ago. And I have been a big fan ever since. I am not a terribly musical person. But I get goosebumps every time I see him live. He's SO talented!









Random Loves:

I absolutely love beauty products. Makeup, nail polish, skin care. I love it. There is something about it that I love. In saying all this, I am not a girly girl. I don't wear makeup every day. I don't always have my nails painted. But I  enjoy it. And I have more nail polish and eyeshadow than is necessary.


9 comments:

  1. What a great feature. I want to see more of it in future!!:) I loooove Gilmore Girls and am Team Jess, too! They need to make a movie for Rory and Jess to find together again!
    I have never watched Interview With the Vampire, but Halloween is the perfect occasion to change that I think hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sara!! You got a pretty new redesign by Katie while I was away from my blog! Looove the colours so much and that you still have your book tree!

    Damn those beauty gurus! They always make me spend so much money with those favourite things vlogs. But obviously I love them too, so I am very approving of this feature. OMG - I used to be SO passionate about the fact that BSB were better than NSYNC even though none of my friends seemed to agree with me. Glad you do anyway! I really need to get into Doctor Who...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow What a movie and its movie summery outstanding thanks for share it rehabilitation nurse resume .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do enjoy visiting your blog for content such as this. Keep the good work going.Write For Us Apk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl